Monday 7 July 2014

Downside Of Being A Blogger ( When you get harassed, scolded or arrested)


I am sure many of you outside Benin city,Edo state, have not heard about the current political issue between the lawmakers in the House of Assembly.


For almost two weeks now, the popular ring road roundabout and Airport road has been blocked by the law enforcement agents. Leading to motorists following alternative routes. Transporter have to stop far away from the last bus stop leading to commuters trekking.

Today i was one of the sad residents who had to trek after standing for over an hour to get a cab. The road was rowdy and traffic jam everywhere. It was like an exodus of Benin residents.
Well your's truly thought it would be a good idea to let you all in on the current situation in Benin but i guess i forgot we do not practice true and fair democracy in Nigeria.

I took three photos of the road block and a cop decided it was a HUGE CRIME according to him punishable by 7 years in prison. I was lead to a police van with several cops in it. They repeated the same thing the first cop said. I had to tell them i meant no harm. I was only on my way to the market and wanted to show my friends photos of the road block in Benin that has been making residents go through hard times. After some minutes, they said i should delete the photos, sadly i did. They checked my photos and saw normal girlie pics and asked me to go.

Well just shows how the masses suffer when those who are meant to lead act up in the name of political power tussle. I am free and fine. Just had to share my experience and let you all know that blogging is not as fancy as you think. Blogger also get harassed and you should appreciate any news you read about in the comfort of your homes, schools and workplaces.

God bless Nigeria!

2 comments:

  1. I sure feel your pain darl. I wish there was some other way u could save d pictures.

    ReplyDelete