Wednesday 24 February 2016

Hey! Don't You Ever Give Up



Lately with the economic meltdown and downsizing of work force, most Nigerians having been going through one challenge or the other. I just thought i should uplift some lowly spirit and make someone happy. 


One of Nigeria’s top gospel artiste, Frank Edwards shared this testimony, at the inauguration of the Calvary Bible Church in Lekki. 
Read what he said below, "10years ago, i was hawking on the streets of Enugu for my mother. We were so poor that we could hardly afford to eat. But, my mother always took me to church. She always told me to serve GOD, and that is how I have lived my life.
Even when it was difficult to eat, i have always lived a life of worship. That is me. That is my life!
When I started singing, and my songs were being played everywhere, i had all kinds of offers. I was in South Africa for a program, and some promoters came to me and said, "Frank, your songs are so good, and we would like to promote you, take you all over the world. However, you mention JESUS too much in your songs. Replace JESUS with GOD and we can do business together." Brethren, that offer was very tempting. You would think, ‘what is the big deal about replacing JESUS with GOD?’ So, I called my mother, and told her about the offer. She said, "Don’t mind them o! Don't do it o! Holy Ghost fire burn all of them." So, I told them NO! Today, GOD has taken my music all over! It's a beautiful thing to see white people, Americans, singing my song, lgbo songs that they don't even know the meaning! GOD did it.


Sometime ago, we were concluding a program, and I was looking for a camera man to snap my picture with Don Moen. When eventually I got someone to take the picture, as I posed with Don, he looked at me and said, "Frank Edwards! It is you! I need to take this picture with you!" And he took his phone and showed me, "See, I have all your songs on my phone". We took the snapshot, and then he said, "Frank, I saw online that you have a studio in your home. I would like us to do collaboration together. I'm gonna come to your house for the first recording, and you will come over to mine in U.S. for the finishing." Me, the same street boy in Enugu, doing a collabo with Don Moen. Only GOD could have made it happen.
Live for GOD. Praise Him and thank Him even when things are not as you would have loved them to be. Do this, and the change will come!
Live a life of worship”



Frank Edwards and Don Moen are currently working on a song together. The American gospel artist gave Frank a BMW i8 car as a valentines day gift this year. 

I just want to share this piece and encourage someone that even though it looks gloomy now, you would be uplifted soon. 




Frank Edwards and Don Moen are currently working on a song together. The American gospel artist gave Frank a BMW i8 car as a valentines day gift this year. 

I just want to share this piece and encourage someone that even though it looks gloomy now, you would be uplifted soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice one. Here's one of Frank's songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMN3_Z1J1Ow

    ReplyDelete