Friday 2 January 2015

Hurray! Entyna's World Blog Is One



Exactly one year ago i decided to start a new chapter of my life a day after the new year's day celebration. I had always had the passion to write, follow news and collect information. I had been told several times by friends and family to go into blogging but i never thought in that direction until last year when i decided to put my hobby/passion into use. 


Entyna's world blog derived from my english name Valentina was created on the 2nd of january, 2014. For the first time in my life i felt a sense of achievement & fulfilment. Now i could share my world with both those i know, those who had discovered the blog through search engines and those who had been referred to the blog. I started off with posting news on entertainment, sports and politics. Then i got into the Relationship zone, Fashion trendz and Tastebuds sections to satisfy the yearning of each reader. I wanted to make sure every visitor had either one or more posts that would keep them glued. I was glad to see my profile views increasing tremendously within a short pace of time. 



A month after the blog started a good friend Shoggy Tosh featured Entyna's world blog in a popular UK Magazine 'Tosh Mag'. I was overwhelmed with joy and got more support from family & friends. Every one was there to praise, correct and criticize me with love. 


Blogging has been a journey filled with both the highs and lows like any career. Even though it has made me more popular for a particular thing 'Entyna or Hadiza the blogger', it has not been so rosy. First i invested so much in buying data and spent so much without any profit in return. I had my family members and good friends like Dr Biodun, Sageblack, Oke and others who supported me financially without being asked. I am forever grateful to them.
I tried several times to get Google adsense approval so i could make extra cash from adverts but my request for one reason or another was not accepted. Just when i was thinking of how to keep the blog going, it seemed everyone i know wanted a free content post advert. Which i obliged to and even suggested helping them promote their products/services several times but when i started asking for cash, many had one reason or another to remind me of how close we were. I am sorry people but really it takes money to run the blog and paying for services at a good discount should be appreciated not frowned at (business grows when friends n family pay for services rendered #wink). Please support your friend this year and let's grow together. 

Another low point of blogging was the poor power supply in Nigeria, had to always look for a way to charge my device to keep you all entertained. I did not want to disappoint you all. God in his infinity mercy used my neighbour Davis to provide power supply when our Phcn (what are they called now lol) acted up. 

Another sad part was taking time to post and having little or no comments. I truly appreciate Evelyn, Dara, Mimi, Annie, Abiba Buitii Christian, Lizzy and so many others who left comments. Please try and support the blog by leaving more comments. Let me not even mention almost getting arrested and having my phone smashed by the police for taking photos of the political crisis in Edo state months back. That and so many down sides of blogging i faced.


Towards the end of the year i got involved in planning my aunt & friends weddings and got distracted a bit and could not post as often as i used to. I felt very guilty when people asked if i had given up on the blog. Apart from the weddings, i was involved in one thing or another and i needed to be in the right mood to give you all the best you deserve. 


Entyna's world has been the best thing i ever done and it is my baby. Just like any mother i am proud of the 66,448 profile view i received in the first year. Shows that my baby is loved and highly favoured. I appreciate every support, love and advice i have been given. I appreciate those who liked Entyna's world facebook page and invited all their contacts to like the page (Tem, Wale, Obaro and others). I appreciate those who reshare and rebroadcast informations i sent. Thanks for tolerating my numerous broadcast on bbm (less of that when the blog becomes very popular, make una no vex). 

I love you all and i promise nothing but the best in this new stage. I love you all and even if i did not mention your name, doesn't make you less appreciated. God bless you and grants your heart desires. 

Happy 1st Anniversary Entyna's World Blog!

12 comments:

  1. All glory to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lovely story I dnt even know what to say, u ve been a friend like mother to me.. thanks dear God bless u!! Chears Dara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congraz dear..
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congraz dear..
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you more success in the years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will exceed d highs of benefits in blogging expressly this year. #Ify

    ReplyDelete
  7. May God crown your efforts n grant u your heart's desire ijn. And may he perfect all that concerns u. #Asheke

    ReplyDelete
  8. “May u see d gudness nd mercy of God in all ur dealings dis yr and with ur Blog...Happy 1year Anniversary from Dasa”

    ReplyDelete