Thursday 6 February 2014

Facebook's 10th Anniversary: Mark Zuckerberg Recalls College Beginnings



Just seems like yesterday  when world's number 1 social media facebook was created. The network turned 10 years and to celebrate the anniversary, Mark Zuckerberg the founder
wrote a special message on facebook with a reflection of the last ten years and how the social network was created while he was a student in Harvard university.
"People often ask if I always knew that Facebook would become what it is today. No way," Zuckerberg, 29, wrote. "I remember getting pizza with my friends one night in college shortly after opening Facebook. I told them I was excited to help connect our school
community, but one day someone needed to connect the whole world."
"When I reflect on the last 10 years, one question I ask myself is: why were we the ones to build this? We were just students," he continued. "We had way fewer resources than big companies. If they had focused on this problem, they could have done it. The only answer I can think of is: we just cared more."
Even though Mark is worth over 30 billion dollars, he is still laid back. He wears his signature hood and even got married to his college girlfriend Priscilla Chan in may 2012 at his backyard.
Facebook has been a blessing indeed, making us find old and lost contacts, keeping in touch with loved ones and promoting businesses and different cause.
Happy birthday facebook and thanks Mark for giving us facebook.





No comments:

Post a Comment