Friday 21 March 2014

The New Sellotape Selfie



A new selfie craze has been started by Brighton University student Lizzie Durley, 21, launched craze on Facebook
She was inspired by a scene in Yes Man, where Jim Carrey tapes his face in the movie where he taped his face.
'I got the idea from Jim Carrey's office scene in Yes Man,' she says.






'I was having a bad day and remembered that scene from the film which really tickled me.

'I figured people were getting bored of the whole 'selfie' craze - I know I was.

'So I just applied the concepts of the selfie to this idea and it resulted in Sellotape selfies!'









Miss Durley presented the idea to her friends who shared it online.
Before she knew it, it was all over the internet.
'It grew so quickly,' she says.
Her goal was 3,000 followers but 'five hours later it was on about 18,000 and by the evening, at which point we couldn't really believe how popular it was, it was at 50,000.'

Is this a selfie or monster wannabe look #hehehe# Crazy sellotape selfie i must confess, waiting to see Nigerians copying the act as usual lol. Same way they copied planking a while back lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment